Rusted or Corroded Condensate Drain Pan?
Pancrete is our “pan in a can” horizontal resurfacer. It can resurface an existing HVAC condensate drain pan as you pour a new one right over the old. It’s permanent, self-leveling and puts a stop to damaging leaks. It is also water repellant and submersible. When you use Pancrete, there’s limited downtime. Put the unit back into service in just 4-6 hours. Below, you’ll find before and after photos of a beautiful Pancrete install.
HVAC and air conditioner equipment represent an expensive, required addition to commercial and industrial buildings. After ten or more years of operation, systems become corroded shortening their usable lifespan. This premature replacement strains budgets.
Pancrete stops corrosion and adds years of additional life to your HVAC drip pan and equipment.
Pancrete refurbishes & repairs corroded AC & HVAC condensate pans. Compliant with NFPA 90A. Its water-repellant surface and uniform leveling to prevent water buildup in the HVAC drain pan. It prevents further corrosion on HVAC surfaces including condensate pans, interior and exterior side-walls, structural members, fan blower enclosures, inlet and outlet plenums, corroded chilled water piping, and other HVAC system components such as the interior and exterior of ducts.
Pancrete increases the structural integrity of the condensate drain pan while sealing existing leaks permanently.
Pancrete gives even more benefits. Improvements in operation and access to integrated CRT solutions decreases energy consumption and provides 24/7 continuing unit cleanliness.
- Stagnant Water – Unlevel surfaces provides for areas of stagnant water. These areas provide for microbial growth, and resultant odors (VOCs) and corrosion.The EPA states that odors arise from stagnant water in condensate drain pans. Pancrete self-leveling capability eliminates hills and valleys where water poling can occur and prevents growth and action of bacterial and fungal odors.
- Corrosive Chemicals – Use of alkaline (non-acid) or acid coil cleaners cause corrosion of not only aluminum fin surfaces, but also of the galvanized drain pan.
- Surface Roughness – Rusted surfaces of condensate pans take on an irregular surface profile, making it harder to clean and more likely to hold undesirable microbes.
- Leaks, Odors & Property Damage – Property damage caused by the corroded portions of the condensate pan/drip pan leaking.
- Early Replacement of Equipment – Eventual premature replacement of the air handler, costing tens of thousands, and resulting in extensive downtime and occupant relocation in some instances.
- Loss of Structural Integrity – In many cases, corrosion has proceeded so far as to decrease the structural integrity of the pan in specific areas, and service professionals are concerned about walking over these areas.
Pancrete Condensate Drain Pan Repair & Resurfacer
Pancrete can address all of these issues. It is easy to apply! Our distributors or your workforce can apply Pancrete.
- Self-Levels Condensate Pan/Drip Pan – Pancrete automatically self-levels your condensate pan, so you no longer have stagnant water areas the EPA warns. Water has to flow down the drain without being stuck in small valleys on the pan surface. By doing this, odors reduce.
- Permanent Corrosion Resistance – It provides corrosion resistant surface; standard cooling coil cleaners will not affect Pancrete. Pancrete is resistant to chemicals and aggressive condensate. Pancrete is permanent.
- Limited Downtime – Downtime is limited to a matter of hours, not weeks. In most cases, the entire job can be finished over the weekend, or in the evenings.
- Low VOC Application – Pancrete is a low odor and was engineered with less than 20 grams per liter VOCs. The Federal standard limits for VOCs are 450 grams per liter.
- Low Cost – Permanently fixing your air handler to corrosion proof it is the most economical way you can increase the lifespan of your HVAC investment. Pancrete is a fraction of the cost of replacement or a new air handler.
- Structural Integrity – Pancrete is applied to a 1/4 inch depth or more, depending on the application. In the case of pans where more structural integrity is required, a thicker layer of Pancrete helps distribute weight over a wider area.
- New, Easily Cleanable Pans – Pancrete provides a smooth, easily cleanable surface in condensate pans, and will always remain that way. It contains a fungistatic agent as part of its formulation to resist attack by microbes on its surface.
For a decade, Pancrete has been repairing, refurbishing and protecting condensate pans throughout the United States and abroad.
It is the leading sure-fire way to protect your investment from premature failure.